About The College Clinic
The College Clinic Ltd was founded in January 1995 following the takeover of the practice of Dr Cecil Isola who had been practising in Gibraltar since the 1950’s. Initially it consisted of one practitioner, the owner, Dr Joanna Shelley, who practised as a General Practitioner and Port Health Officer for the Government of Gibraltar from first floor premises in College Lane off Main Street, hence the name given to the practice. As further professionals joined the practice, the clinic at College Lane took over adjoining space in order to provide a full medical service. These premises were in a first-class position on the corner of College Lane and Main Street but access to the first floor was difficult and impossible for the severely disabled.
In March 2001, the College Clinic acquired the business that practised as the International Health Clinic in Marina Bay and took over that clinic’s patients, premises and assets.
In 2003 office space was leased on the ground floor of Regal House, Queensway and the clinics at College Lane and Marina Bay were closed and merged into one operation in the most modern private medical facility in Gibraltar, with easy access for the disabled. The College Clinic has operated out of Regal House since 2003 growing steadily in range of services and medical practitioners. It continues to provide private medical services to the people of Gibraltar, expatriates living on the Costa del Sol and visiting seafarers on merchant vessels and yachts.
The service that College Clinic offers has benefited over 30,000 people, as well as many tourists and seafarers.